Monthly Archives: December 2010

The numbers game

A German mathematician has worked out that there is 87 per cent probability that runaway league leaders Dortmund will be Bundesliga champions. But what about that pesky other 13 per cent? It’s true that there are lies, damn lies and statistics, … Continue reading

Posted in Uncategorized | Leave a comment

Dutty dancing

Dieter Hoeness once said if Freiburg were successful in the Bundesliga, then everyone else was getting it wrong. This season, plenty of sides are struggling to find a formula as good as that of Robin Dutt’s men. In a season … Continue reading

Posted in Uncategorized | 1 Comment

Ready for take-off

Dortmund’s air traffic controllers finally bring the Bundesliga leaders down to earth in Week 15, Lukas Podolski plunders Leverkusen‘s duty-free shop while thieves rummage through his designer luggage, and Bayern have something to declare about Manuel Neuer. Never-defend-kusen Football merchandising … Continue reading

Posted in Uncategorized | 1 Comment

Schalke – Let the fear begin

Runners-up last season, Schalke were hotly-tipped to bring a first Bundesliga title back to Gelsenkirchen, but after a calamitous first 14 games of the season, Die Knappen – the miners – have dug themselves into a very big hole indeed. … Continue reading

Posted in Uncategorized | Leave a comment